Silver car warranty
For cars of any age or mileage.
Designed specifically for the older or higher mileage vehicle, Silver covers your car for a wide range of components. The following parts are covered against mechanical breakdown or electrical / electronic failure. Anything not listed here is excluded.
- Engine – all major internal moving parts of the engine and the camshaft timing belt / timing chain and tensioners, providing the manufacturer’s replacement recommendations have been complied with and it is free from oil contamination.
- Manual / auto gearbox & transmission – all major internal mechanical parts.
- Drive system – differential, drive shafts, propshafts, centre bearings, CV and universal joints, bearings & couplings.
- Clutch – centre plate, pressure plate, release bearing, ring gear, clutch fork, master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch pedal and cable.
- Braking – master cylinder, wheel cylinders, servo, brake pumps, limiter valve, ABS pump, actuator & modulator, calipers, vacuum pump and brake pedal.
- Steering – steering rack and pinion, steering box, pump, idler box, column joints & bearings, pressure pipes, track rod ends and steering column (excludes electric locks and ECU).
- Cooling system – air con pump, radiator, heater matrix, heater fan motor, water pump, viscous cooling fan coupling and thermostat & housing.
- Suspension – shock absorbers & coil springs (replaced in pairs), wishbones, McPherson struts, suspension arms, leaf springs, track control arms & linkages, self levelling units, anti-roll bar, reservoir pump & regulator valves, kingpins and ball & swivel joints.
- Electrical – starter motor / solenoid, alternator, ECU (engine only), voltage regulator, ignition coil, distributor, electronic ignition amplifier, indicator relay, wiper & washer motors, window and sunroof motors, heater fan motor, horn, alarm control unit, cruise control actuator & control unit, central locking solenoids and switches.
- Fuel system – fuel pump, injection pump, lift pump, air flow meter, EGR valve, idle control valve.
- Wheel bearings – front and rear bearings.
- Hybrid and electric vehicles – electric motor, electric controller, AC/DC converter.
- Casings – where a covered item caused the damage.
- Working materials – as part of a valid repair (oils, antifreeze, fluids, oil filter changes, gaskets & seals).
- Thousands of parts and faults covered
- Nationwide garage network
- 48 hours claim payments
- Unlimited claims and no excess
- Basic UK breakdown cover
Part, fault and repair exclusions
The following items are specifically excluded from our Silver car warranty.
- Service and consumable items – including but not limited to brake pads & discs, brake drums, injectors, tyres, bulbs, spark plugs, fuses, brake & clutch friction material, burnt or worn out clutch components, seized brake callipers, any seized components, air con recharging, gaskets (excluding head gaskets), hoses & pipes including blockages, perishable rubber items, fuel tanks and clearing of fuel lines, connectors, air bags, auxiliary drive belts, hardware i.e. bolts and fixings.
- Engine and turbo – sprockets, burnt valves and valve seats, cracked blocks or cylinder heads, cylinder head skimming or refacing, burnt / carbonised valves or removal of carbon deposits, core plugs, cambelt / chain damage if the cambelt / chain and associated parts haven’t been replaced inline with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Steering – leaks.
- Electrical or electronic items – heating elements, glow plugs, connectors / terminals, wiring, software and software updates, reprogramming or adjustments, tracker systems, head up display, radio recoding and light units.
- Electric / hybrid vehicle – electric charging cable / socket, wiring and HV cabling, HV battery housing, HV cells / modules and HV battery cooling and venting.
- Bodywork and trim – paintwork, bodywork, chassis, interior, seats, upholstery, fabric roofs, panoramic sunroof, wheels, glass, locks and catches.
- Negligence or driver abuse – i.e incorrect or insufficient oils or lubricants / fluids and overheating.
- Ancillary items – water ingress, corrosion or oxidisation, faulty workmanship or parts, manufacturer recalls, accidental damage to radiator and A/C condenser, exhaust systems, exhaust manifolds, emissions, carbon build-up, repairs to rectify issues such as high oil consumption or poor fuel economy, oil or fluid contamination including staining or misting, sludge / silt or other waste, waste disposal, key blades, sealing materials and compounds.
Car warranty questions
What does my car warranty cover?
With WSG, your vehicle is covered for a huge range of parts and the labour times involved to repair or replace them.
Platinum and Gold both cover around 6,000 mechanical, electrical and electronic components including many that are normally excluded by other warranty companies. Silver covers a range of listed items and is designed with the older or higher mileage vehicle in mind. Explore the different plan types above to find out more.
What's NOT covered?
Naturally there are some parts and faults that we just can’t cover such as bodywork, trim, general maintenance and service items.
Our Platinum and Gold plans are so advanced that it’s almost impossible to list every covered item, therefore you’ll only find the exclusions. Anything not listed under exclusions is covered.
Silver only lists the covered items so anything not shown is specifically excluded.
How many claims can I make?
You can make unlimited claims with each one up to your chosen claim limit, up to the current market value of your car at the time of claim. All claims include the cost of parts, labour and VAT.
How do I make a claim?
Before you have any work carried out, you must contact our claims team on 0800 060 8610 or email us. We’ll need to provide an authorisation code to the garage for the repairs to be done.
The full claims process can be found here.
Note: We won’t be able to pay for any repairs that are carried out without our authorisation.
What is a used car warranty?
A used car warranty is a written guarantee covering a list of mechanical, electrical and electronic parts against sudden failure. It’s designed to pay for some or all of the costs involved with repairing or replacing those parts within a certain time frame.
Modern vehicles contain thousands of complex moving components. When something goes wrong, it can result in escalating repair bills. A used car warranty could save you thousands of pounds in repair costs.
Why is my warranty different to the above?
Some of our dealers offer customised products, so you may find that your cover has some differences to our standard range. If you’d like to discuss the cover you’ve been offered, please get in touch with us or speak to your dealer.
How do I take out a WSG warranty?
You’ll need to purchase a used car from one of our approved dealerships to receive or be offered a WSG motor warranty. Please contact us to find out who your nearest dealers are.
In most cases, your plan can then be upgraded or extended around the start date, or renewed around the expiry date.
Do I need to use one of your garages?
In most cases, you’ll be able to choose whether you use our car repairer network or your own garage. We work directly with hundreds of garages across the UK, which also means that we settle claims with them directly.
If you use your own, please bear in mind that we have a set labour rate so any excess labour charges over and above this will be your responsibility. The garage also may want you to settle the bill first, in which case we’ll reimburse you once we’ve received the repair invoice and any documents requested.
Depending on the nature of the claim, your vehicle may need to be seen by a specialist. We also work directly with a number of repairers that specialise in systems such as turbos, gearboxes, engines, drive lines, ECUs and power steering.