Platinum motorhome warranty
For motorhomes up to 10 years old and 100,000 miles at the start date.
As one of the UK’s best used motorhome warranties, our Platinum plan includes so many parts – around 6,000 in fact – that it’s just impossible to list them all! Almost all of your vehicle’s components are covered against mechanical breakdown, electrical / electronic failure or wear and tear with exception to the exclusions at the bottom of this page. Wear and tear is included on all covered parts until your vehicle reaches 85,000 miles. At this point, the wear and tear element ceases but everything else remains the same.
Your warranty covers:
- NAir conditioning
- NBraking system
- NCamshaft timing belt / chains
- NCoil springs and shock absorbers (replaced in pairs)
- NCooling system
- NDiagnosis costs
- NDPF / catalytic converter
- NDrive system
- NElectrical and electronic parts
- NFuel system
- NGearbox and transmission
- NHabitation cover
- NIgnition system
- NOil seals and gaskets
- NOriginal in-car entertainment, infotainment and telephone
- NRemote key fobs or key cards up to £250 inc. VAT
- NSteering system
- NWear and tear up to 85,000 miles
- NWheel hubs and bearings
- NWorking materials as part of a valid claim (oils, antifreeze, fluids, oil filter changes, gaskets & seals)
Your warranty covers:
- Air conditioning
- Braking system
- Camshaft timing belt / chains
- Coil springs and shock absorbers (replaced in pairs)
- Cooling system
- Diagnosis costs
- DPF / catalytic converter
- Drive system
- Electrical and electronic parts
- Fuel system
- Gearbox and transmission
- Habitation cover
- Ignition system
- Oil seals and gaskets
- Original in-car entertainment, infotainment and telephone
- Remote key fobs or key cards up to £250 inc. VAT
- Steering system
- Wear and tear up to 85,000 miles
- Wheel hubs and bearings
- Working materials as part of a valid claim (oils, antifreeze, fluids, oil filter changes, gaskets & seals)
- Thousands of parts and faults covered
- 48 hour claims payments
- Habitation cover as standard
- £175 recovery contribution
- £50 per day towards car hire
Part, fault and repair exclusions
The following are the only items excluded from our Platinum motorhome warranty. Anything not listed here is covered!
- Service and consumable items – including but not limited to: brake pads & discs, brake drums, tyres, bulbs, spark plugs, fuses, brake & clutch friction material, burnt or worn out clutch components, seized brake callipers, any seized components, air con recharging, hoses & pipes including blockages, perishable rubber items, fuel tanks and clearing of fuel lines, connectors, air bags, auxiliary drive belts, hardware i.e. bolts and fixings.
- Engine and turbo – sprockets, burnt valves and valve seats, cracked blocks or cylinder heads, cylinder head skimming or refacing, burnt / carbonised valves or removal of carbon deposits, core plugs, cambelt / chain damage if the cambelt / chain and associated parts haven’t been replaced in-line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Steering – leaks.
- Electrical or electronic items – heating elements, glow plugs, connectors / terminals, wiring and connections, software and software updates, reprogramming or adjustments, tracker systems, head up display, radio recoding and light units.
- Electric / hybrid vehicle – electric charging cable / socket, wiring and HV cabling, HV battery housing, HV cells / modules and HV battery cooling and venting.
- Bodywork and trim – paintwork, bodywork (unless related to water ingress and delamination cover), chassis, interior, seats, upholstery, worktops, cupboards, doors, awnings, sunroof, panoramic sunroof, wheels, glass including mirrors, soft furnishings, carpets and floor coverings, windows and catches, pipes and hoses, gas bottles, lighting and tubes, doors, sink units, curtains and blinds, locks and catches.
- Negligence or driver abuse – i.e incorrect or insufficient oils or lubricants / fluids and overheating.
- Ancillary items – water ingress, corrosion or oxidisation, faulty workmanship or parts, manufacturer recalls, accidental damage to radiator and A/C condenser, exhaust systems, exhaust manifolds, emissions, misfuelling, carbon build-up, repairs to rectify issues such as high oil consumption or poor fuel economy, oil or fluid contamination including staining or misting, sludge / silt or other waste, waste disposal, key blades, sealing materials and compounds, adjustments and cleaning of components.
What does my motorhome warranty cover?
Your WSG motorhome warranty covers you for a huge range of parts and the labour times involved to repair or replace them.
Platinum covers around 6,000 mechanical, electrical and electronic components including many that are normally excluded by other warranty companies. Silver covers a wide range of listed items and is designed with the older or higher mileage vehicle in mind. Explore the different plan types above for more information.
What does it NOT cover?
Naturally there are some parts and faults that we just can’t cover such as bodywork, trim, general maintenance and service items.
Our Platinum plan is so comprehensive that it’s almost impossible to list every covered item, therefore you’ll only find the exclusions. Anything not listed under exclusions is covered.
Silver only lists the covered items so anything not shown is specifically excluded.
How many claims can I make?
You can make unlimited claims with each one up to your chosen claim limit, up to the vehicle’s market value at the time of claim. All claims include the cost of parts, labour and VAT.
How do I make a claim?
Before you have any work carried out, you must contact our claims team on 0800 060 8610 or email us. We’ll need to provide an authorisation code to the garage for the repairs to be done.
The full claims process can be found here.
Note: We won’t be able to pay for any repairs that are carried out without our authorisation.
How do I take out a WSG warranty?
You’ll need to purchase a used motorhome from one of our approved dealerships to receive or be offered a WSG warranty. If you’d like to know who your nearest dealers are, please contact us.
In most cases, your plan can then be upgraded, extended or renewed.
What is a motorhome warranty?
A used motorhome warranty is a written guarantee covering a list of mechanical, electrical and electronic parts against sudden failure. It’s designed to pay for some or all of the costs involved with repairing or replacing those parts within a certain time frame.
Modern vehicles contain thousands of complex moving components. When something goes wrong, it can result in escalating repair bills. A WSG motorhome warranty could save you thousands of pounds in repair costs.
What happens if my motorhome exceeds the age / mileage parameters?
The age and mileage parameters of our standard motorhome warranties only apply to the vehicle at the start date. If you exceed these age or mileage parameters during your warranty term, don’t worry – your cover simply continues for the remainder.
The exception is where you have our Platinum warranty, which includes wear & tear cover until your vehicle reaches 85,000 miles. After this, the wear & tear element ceases but the rest of your cover remains the same.