Gold motorcycle warranty
For motorcycles up to 10 years old and 60,000 miles at the start date.
As one of the UK’s best used motorcycle warranties, Gold includes so many parts – around 3,000 in fact – that it’s just impossible to list them all! Almost all of your vehicle’s components are covered against mechanical breakdown and electrical / electronic failure with exception to the exclusions at the bottom of this page.
Your warranty covers:
- NAir conditioning
- NCamshaft timing belt / chains
- NCoil springs and shock absorbers (replaced in pairs)
- NCooling system
- NDiagnosis costs
- NDrive system
- NElectrical and electronic parts
- NFork seals
- NFuel system
- NGearbox and transmission
- NIgnition system
- NWheel hubs and bearings
- NWorking materials as part of a valid claim (oils, antifreeze, fluids, oil filter changes, gaskets & seals)
Your warranty covers:
- Braking system
- Camshaft timing belt / chains
- Coil springs and shock absorbers (replaced in pairs)
- Cooling system
- Diagnosis costs
- Drive system
- Electrical and electronic parts
- Fork seals
- Fuel system
- Gearbox and transmission
- Ignition system
- Wheel hubs and bearings
- Working materials as part of a valid claim (oils, antifreeze, fluids, oil filter changes, gaskets & seals)
- Thousands of parts and faults covered
- 48 hour claim payments
- Unlimited claims and no excess
- 30 days of European cover
- Basic UK breakdown cover
Part, fault and repair exclusions
The following are the only items excluded from our Gold motorcycle warranty. Anything not listed here is covered!
- Service and consumable items – including but not limited to: injectors, oil seals and gaskets, brake pads & discs, brake drums, tyres, bulbs, spark plugs, fuses, brake & clutch friction material, burnt or worn out clutch components, seized brake callipers, any seized components, hoses & pipes including blockages, perishable rubber items, oil or fluid leaks, fuel tanks and clearing of fuel lines, connectors, auxiliary drive belts, hardware i.e. bolts and fixings.
- Engine and turbo – sprockets, burnt valves and valve seats, cracked blocks, cracked cylinder barrels or cylinder heads, cylinder head skimming or refacing, burnt /carbonised valves or removal of carbon deposits, core plugs, cambelt / chain damage if the cambelt / chain and associated parts haven’t been replaced inline with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Electrical or electronic items – heating elements, connectors / terminals, wiring, software and software updates, reprogramming or adjustments, tracker systems, radio recoding and light units.
- Bodywork and trim – bodywork, paint, trim, glass of any description, saddles and panniers
- Negligence or driver abuse – i.e incorrect or insufficient oils or lubricants / fluids and overheating.
- Ancillary items – water ingress, corrosion or oxidisation, faulty workmanship or parts, manufacturer recalls, accidental damage to radiator, exhaust manifolds, emissions, carbon build-up, repairs to rectify issues such as high oil consumption or poor fuel economy, oil or fluid contamination including staining or misting, sludge / silt or other waste, waste disposal, key blades, sealing materials and compounds.
What does my warranty cover?
Your WSG motorcycle warranty covers you for a huge range of parts and the labour times involved to repair or replace them.
Platinum and Gold both cover around 3,000 mechanical, electrical and electronic components including many that are normally excluded by other warranty companies. Silver covers a range of listed items and is designed with the older or higher mileage vehicle in mind.
All of our motorcycle warranties also include basic UK breakdown cover, a £75 contribution towards recovery once you’ve used your callout, European cover and overnight accomodation / rail fare.
What does it NOT cover?
Naturally there are some parts and faults that we just can’t cover such as bodywork, trim, general maintenance and service items.
Our Platinum and Gold plans are so advanced that it’s almost impossible to list every covered item, therefore you’ll only find the exclusions. Anything not listed under exclusions is covered.
Silver only lists the covered items so anything not shown is specifically excluded.
How many claims can I make?
You can make unlimited claims with each one up to your chosen claim limit, up to the value of your motorcycle at the time of claim. All claims include the cost of parts, labour and VAT.
How do I make a claim?
Before you have any work carried out, you must contact our claims team on 0800 060 8610 or email us. We’ll need to provide an authorisation code to the garage for the repairs to be done.
The full claims process can be found here.
Note: We won’t be able to pay for any repairs that are carried out without our authorisation.
Does my warranty include recovery?
Yes it does!
All of our motorcycle warranties include basic UK breakdown cover as standard, for the same length as your warranty. This gives you one callout during the period of cover up to a total value of £500, which includes:
- 1 hour’s labour charge where the motorcycle is rendered completely immobile
- Roadside assistance and repairs where possible and practical (excludes home assistance and breakdowns within 1 mile of your home address)
- Recovery up to 20 miles from the scene of the breakdown to an address of your choice
- Cover for any rider providing they have permission and are legally able to ride
- Wheel changes – roadside assistance only. This cover applies providing the motorcycle:
– has a locking wheel nut key
– has a serviceable and accessible spare tyre and wheel and
– the wheel nuts can be removed manually at the roadside. No assistance can be provided if these items are not available.
Once you’ve used your callout, your breakdown cover will cease but you can take out our premium recovery package which gives you full UK cover.
On top of the basic breakdown cover, we’ll also pay up to £75 to recover your vehicle on valid claims.
How do I take out a WSG warranty?
You’ll need to purchase a used motorcycle from one of our approved dealerships to receive or be offered a WSG motor warranty. If you’d like to know who your nearest dealers are, please contact us.
In most cases, your plan can then be upgraded, extended or renewed.
What is a motorcycle warranty?
A used motorcycle warranty is a written guarantee covering a list of mechanical, electrical and electronic parts against sudden failure. It’s designed to pay for some or all of the costs involved with repairing or replacing those parts within a certain time frame.
Modern vehicles contain thousands of complex moving components. When something goes wrong, it can result in escalating repair bills. A motorcycle warranty from WSG could save you thousands of pounds in repair costs.